License to Purchase (LTP) pistols will be issued BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 3:00pm.
Please call the Record’s Office at 734-475-1771 ext. 104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
- Download or contact the Record’s Office to request a CPD Applicant Data Form
- Submit your completed Applicant Data Form to Chelsea Police Department with photocopy of BOTH sides of your driver’s license/state ID
- LTP Application will be issued. THIS FORM NEEDS TO BE SIGNED & NOTARIZED
- Return notarized LTP Application in person (appointment needed)
- LTP will be issued if no disqualifiers
A LTP is not needed to purchase from FFL Dealers (Cabela's, Ann Arbor Arms, Dunham’s, etc.).
Visit the Michigan State Police website for more information. http://michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-1878_1591_3503_4654---,00.html
Concealed Pistol License Information and applications are available at http://www.ewashtenaw.org/government/sheriff/services/concealed-weapons
The completed applications must be submitted to the Washtenaw County Clerk’s Office.
Frequently Asked Questions on Pistol Registrations - FAQ Click Here