Right-of-Way Use Permit

There are times when work on a home or business within the City of Chelsea requires blocking part of a City street, sidewalk or easement or requires excavation work impacting a City street, sidewalk or easement.  This includes driveway changes such as widening and/or replacing a driveway and the use of large dumpsters during renovations.

Such activities requires a City permit.  Complete a Right-of-Way Use permit application and turn into the Chelsea City Offices with the required documentation specified on the form.  There is a $1,000 deposit required at the time of submission.  Questions regarding the use of, or potential need for, Right-of-Way Use permits can be directed to the city office at 734-475-1771.