Audit & Investment Reports
Audited Financial Reports
The City's audit firm submits an electronic copy of the City's audited, financial reports to the State of Michigan after the completion the annual audit. Please use the following navigation to obtain a copy of those reports from the State of Michigan website:
- Visit www.michigan.gov/treasury
- Select Local Government in the center of the screen on the Treasury Department main page
- Select Local Fiscal Health from the from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click the link under the heading "Local Unit Audit Reports" in the center of the screen
- Select Washtenaw County from the list of counties that appears
- Select City from the Municipality Types
- Select Chelsea from the list of municipalities and press "Go"
The City's audit firm summarizes the annual audit results in a brief presentation provided at the final audit discussion most recently held at the October 16, 2017 City Council meeting. Click the link below to view a copy of that presentation.
City of Chelsea Audit Presentation
The City of Chelsea maintains an investment policy as required under Michigan Public Act 20. This policy outlines the objectives and approach to investing any City monies not immediately required to fund City operations. As required by law, the Administrative Director provides City Council quarterly reports regarding the City's investment portfolio. Click the link below to view a copy of the City’s investment policy.
City of Chelsea Investment Policy
If you would like a copy of the City's latest quarterly investment report, contact Treasurer at 734-475-1771, or email@example.com .